Photos OK to edit
Colourizing is done in PS. C&C welcome.

8qynq1

p2el1z

9v07lx

pcb1hs

5m8ut7

Last edited:
Cool! I'd say to crop them in closer or compose the shots so that the smoke takes up more of the frame. Several of the shots, for example, could be cropped vertically.

Thanks for looking and commenting Mark and Molsen.

@Markw - I checked out your link and you are right, the similarities are incredible. I guess it's hard to get original looking smoke once you have the technique down. The thing I love about these are how precise the curls get... like little scrolls.

Nice shots! Maybe try holding the cigarette vertically like | and move it up and back down once quickly about 3 or 4 inches, and it makes for a nice smoke ring. If you shoot up or down at an angle you may get a few nice smoke ring shots =]

Nice shots! Maybe try holding the cigarette vertically like | and move it up and back down once quickly about 3 or 4 inches, and it makes for a nice smoke ring. If you shoot up or down at an angle you may get a few nice smoke ring shots =]

Thanks for commenting. I was letting my son manipulate the smoke while I focused on the camera and lighting. We used incense sticks, not cigarettes though. I should try your suggestion and see if the stick will create a similar ring to what you get with a cigarette.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back