smugmug question

sunbeam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does smug mug allow online viewing galleries where customers can order prints? Thanks.

Yes. I've not ordered any prints from them but supposedly they are high quality.

Seconded; yes. With the pro account you can also set the price of the prints and earn a portion of the cost.

So what if you had clients tell you which photos etc they would like... can you then go on your own account and order them at the cost smug mug shows (like the 1.99 for an 8X10)? Or do THEY have to order them, and you only get a percentage of their order?

If you order them, you get them at your cost, if they order them - they pay your cost plus your upcharge.

OK. So I would be able to set the upcharge, and smugmug would just cut a cheque to me for the profit? Sorry, very new to this. :) I just have someone interested in buying some of my prints, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to show them their 'gallery' and to order them their prints. So it's between a local printer (who has no online gallery) or smug mug. Thank you again for the responses!

OK. So I would be able to set the upcharge, and smugmug would just cut a cheque to me for the profit?

The SmugMug Pro site says that they'll pay you 85% of your markup price:

SmugMug will take the order, pay the credit card processing fee, ship prints to your customer...Set your prices and make 85% of the markup.

We (Smugmug) pay profits monthly when they exceed $500, and roll them into the next month's payment if they don't. We pay quarterly for profits of $200 — or upon request for any amount.

Hope that helps!

they dont just BOOM send you a check.. they prefer to not send out checks until you hit $100 in profit.. but they will if need be. If your in the US, you need to fill out tax forms and crap.. (yay for being canadian)

Does smug mug allow online viewing galleries where customers can order prints? Thanks.

YES! SmugMug has 3 account levels (Standard/Power/Pro) with all three you get unlimited photo storage. With the Power you get Video and customization.

Our Pro has commerce ability! It allows you to not only share, store and protect your photos, but you can set your own print prices. We have a choice of two labs you can use. (EZ Prints and Bay Photo)

After you set your own prices, we'll pay you 85% commission on the mark-up you assign to those prints/gifts. Then we take care of all the customer support and give our 100% guarantee! Check this out: help - Rest easy. Our guarantee has you covered.

We have tons of people that never thought of being a "pro" photographer but after taking photos, people want to buy them and SmugMug gives them a place to essentially run their business!

Some more cool features on our Pro account: Professional photo and video hosting

Thanks,
Markham

Most reactions

New Topics

Back