snow background BIF

Thanks it was shot at 1/2000 @ F/4 +2.0EV and ISO 800, you have to fool your camera to get the right exposure. against a snow bank.
Thanks randall

Loooooovvvve it! Good job!

Thats Totally Awesome.!!!!!!! Excellent color and exposed perfectly,bet that takes a bit of practice.

Well Jtee It does take a little practice, along with the right tools - technique - talent
A camera that will shoot at least 4/5 frames per second is needed and you will still have to select from the dozen or so images you shoot to get the wing spread you want. MY D300 shoots at 6 frames per sec. My D2X shoots at 9 but it doesn't gather the light the D300 does.
It takes the right technique - to know what shutter speed, aperture , exposure value and ISO combination is necessary to capture a sharp image.
A little talent to know when you can capture this kind of shot. You'll find it's harder to do in low light situations , I usually only try for these kinds of shots when I have the right kind of light. Bright sunlight or heavy snow fall gives the right light to maintain the fast shutter speed [1/2000 in this shot] and at least an f stop of f/4 I usually try for F/8, I pushed the ISO up to 800 on my D300 thats about as far as I can go and still maintain a good image, and I needed to overexpose by 2 stops because of the light fooling the camera and wanting to make it a gruesome Grey snow.
Hope this helps someone
Thanks for the inquiry Randall

Wow! Excellent shot!!

Most reactions

Back