Snowy Day

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love this tree, since we moved here I've been trying to capture it. I've fought against the post in this shot from the beginning, I've tried every way till Sunday to get a shot without it but it just wasn't happening. Today I embraced the post and even let it be blurry in the foreground.

Thanks for taking a look, would love to hear your thoughts! C&C always welcome and appreciated.

"Shopped" out:

$prsnow_.jpg

Thanks Mully and Craig.
Craig, thanks for the edit, I'm oh ever so torn now! I definitely like it with it out but they both have a different feel to them to me... I'm going to have to ponder this some more!

This thread is dropping fast down the list as they often do on the weekend so morning coffee bump!
Looking with fresh eyes this morning I still like both!

I like how the fence post balances out the lean of the tree but I think the post may be too tall. Try dropping it down about 1/3-1/4 less height and then give it a very slight blur to take aways more of it's prominence in the scene.

I really like this image with the post as it is. I feel a tension set up between the post and the tree which makes the photo not only beautiful but dynamic in a way. Sorry if this sounds too poetic; I couldn't find another way to express what I felt.

All right, I'll be contrary - I like the post and wish there were more of it. (I'm serious)

Thanks everyone!

Ceeboy, I agree about the balance with the post there, funny thing is, when I was cropping I originally cropped it that short because it eliminated the tip of the treeline you see in the wider crop. I opted for a bit wider crop and removed the tips of the trees because the scale made more sense to me.

Nandakumar, thanks :)

Otherprof no sorry, it makes perfect sense, thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Ken, thanks! Wish granted ;)
Here is another wider crop.

I like the widest crop WITH the fence post fully in the picture. It lacked something before and now I would hang it on the wall :)

I like the widest crop WITH the fence post fully in the picture. It lacked something before and nowI would hang it on the wall :)
Welcome to TPF Nikmal :)
Wow, that is exactly what I strive for, something that I can see on the wall, that is the highest compliment imho, thanks so much!!

You are more then welcome and thank you for the welcoming comment too :)
I would honestly hang it on the wall. It is a nice picture. I love the fence post being in there :)

Now that second photo you posted is the winner in my humble opinion. Nice job! It now has an emotion to it. The first photo was distracting with the post. This second one adds to the frame very nicely.

Thanks Craig :)
I still like the first, it is a more simplistic approach but I do also like the more classic approach to the scene in the second one.

Most reactions

Back