Snowy on alert

gorgeous........ some day this is the one i would love to be lucky enough to see nevermind have the camera ready..awesome photo

Thank you.
They do come down to NY. You just have to keep an eye out.
Bump me in Jan of next year and I'll keep an eye out for reports in your area.

Thanks for all the help. I can't wait for this snow to melt so I can hike on these mountains and search for that Eagle owl. Owls are on this year's bucket list... I looked at that map on ebird and I saw that it´s purple behind the Federsee, it´s a lake where I often go to shoot birds, I could stay longer and to look for them. Do I have to look for open terrain where they hunt? Because behind that lake there are no cliffs or such, as I know. Maybe the best would be to figure these owls out which I hear in the local forests (so I don´t need to travel each time), where do they nest, where do they hunt... But the only problem is that I have so little time, I mean they are nocturnal, and that little gap between night and day is very short. It´s a tricky animal, at night I can hear them and at day nothing, just trees, and trees till my neck hurts.

It may take a couple of weeks of looking at the golden hour or just around sunrise in order to localize where they are.
Persistence and luck is how I normally find things.
If I have an indication a target species is in the area, Jr. and I will look almost daily to find it.

Most reactions

Back