So I bought myself a Rolleiflex...

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:D Went ahead today and bought a 2.8E Xenotar from KEH, and got a lens cap, leather strap, and old Metrastar light meter. I'm going to grab a few rolls of Provia and some Pan F and give it a good run in Dublin and then back home in Edinburgh. I'm now in the MF club. :D

Nice buy! The lenses on those things are sweet.

Get a lens hood (bay 3). A Rollei brand hood may run you $100+, but you can find off brands (like Kenko) for $20ish. In my opinion the Rolleiflex is one of the best all around cameras there is. It's not too big, works great hand held and on a tripod, and image quality is wonderful. I sold my Hasselblad, but I'll never part with my Rollei.

Get a lens hood (bay 3). A Rollei brand hood may run you $100+, but you can find off brands (like Kenko) for $20ish. In my opinion the Rolleiflex is one of the best all around cameras there is. It's not too big, works great hand held and on a tripod, and image quality is wonderful. I sold my Hasselblad, but I'll never part with my Rollei.

Awesome :). I've heard a lens hood is definitely necessary, but that the coating isn't as bad on the Schneider as the Zeiss. Either way I'm going to pick one up.

I've heard all those things, and I'm hoping that I fall in love with it like everyone else that uses one seems to. I got the chance to use a friend's for a little bit, and it felt awesome, which is what triggered my lust.

Which Hasselblad did you have? Once I get a few more years under my belt, I think I'm either going to get into a Hassy 500 system or go large format.

35mm just doesn't do it for me anymore. :)

35mm just doesn't do it for me anymore. :)

Agreed! It's tough, too, since I bet most of us learned on a 35mm. I look at my K1000 from time to time, and with a bit of nostalgia, shoot a roll. Then I go back to my MF.

I think we need a support group!:lol:

Agreed! It's tough, too, since I bet most of us learned on a 35mm. I look at my K1000 from time to time, and with a bit of nostalgia, shoot a roll. Then I go back to my MF.

I think we need a support group!:lol:

I think we do. :D I'm even considering using large format for some stuff. I'm just glad I can't afford a medium format rangefinder like a Mamiya 6/7 or Bronica 645 -- I'd shoot so many rolls of those giant negatives that I'd have nowhere to put them all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back