social groups notification

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would it be possible to have notifications like we get for pms and group joinings to also include new posts to social groups. At the moment there is a warning if you are limiting posts to said groups (messages awaiting moderation) but nothing as a general notification from members that there are new group posts,

I think such a notification would really help the groups be an active area of the fourm rather than a ghost-town

Would it be possible to have notifications like we get for pms and group joinings to also include new posts to social groups. At the moment there is a warning if you are limiting posts to said groups (messages awaiting moderation) but nothing as a general notification from members that there are new group posts,

I think such a notification would really help the groups be an active area of the fourm rather than a ghost-town
I took a look at the control panel regarding social groups, but don't see anything about notifications for new posts in them. It's more about post moderation, like you've mentioned. Sorry!

You may want to call attention to your group by sending PM's to your members and linking them back to the group, to drum up some chatter. I don't think any of the groups are blocked from public viewing (though only members of the group can post in there), so it's just a question of the group owner being more proactive in getting the word out and keeping things lively.

I can agree to that - its just that they are so easily missed
any chance of a link on the topbar by chance - just so as people can get to them easily - its rather a roundabout spot having them only accessable through the CP controls and its easily missed.

I can agree to that - its just that they are so easily missed
any chance of a link on the topbar by chance - just so as people can get to them easily - its rather a roundabout spot having them only accessable through the CP controls and its easily missed.
Overread, even with all the links/notifications, if you don't have content and initiative from the group's members, it will spiral down. You have to take it upon yourself to get fired up, and get the members equally fired up, and help to spread the word about your group - and how to get to it. Once you've joined a group it will be part of your profile, you know. So anyone signing in here who belongs need go no further than checking their profile and clicking on to see what's up. It is no different than looking for a forum you are active in.

I promise, I'm not trying to come off harsh here....but I've noticed that you are someone who does offer up lots of good ideas and suggestions, which is laudable - except they usually seem to involve *others* doing the actual work. ;) You will be surprised - and gratified - if you do it yourself and get results. I'm a broken record when I say this, but the most successful activities around here are, in fact, member-driven - which means a handful of members have organized and taken the bull by the horns to pursue something they'd like to see on TPF. What is working for the Fight Club and Bi-Weekly Assignments is the result of their efforts.

So...you have your group...advertise it (them) by PM, posts, etc. You say those things are more easily missed, but frankly, it's the passive tool bar or stickies that tend to be ignored after time - whereas, a fresh thread or a PM to those who have expressed interest will be more readily noticed.

Again, I support your efforts, and I do think your groups will grow. But like anything else that gets planted, this will require some ongoing nurturing, which is time consuming. Stop looking for shortcuts to that, and you will reach your goal quicker than waiting around for some magic bullet from the vB software or moderator intervention.

One thing I can offer you, if you'd like, is to put a note about your group in the Announcements section. Tell us what you all have named the group(s), what you have set up to approach C&C and I or one of the moderators can make a thread about it. After that...you're on your own.

Post away! :D

It's possible to subscribe to a thread, I wonder if it's possible to do something with that feature?

[FONT=&quot]coupons [/FONT]

Most reactions

Back