What's new

Soda Cans

I'm sorry, I don't get it...it's just two soda cans on top of a ¿car?. I don't know, I don't find the background interesting, and the cans are too centered
 
I'm sorry, I don't get it...it's just two soda cans on top of a ¿car?. I don't know, I don't find the background interesting, and the cans are too centered

That's cool you don't have to get it. I wasn't looking for any praise or anything I was just simply bored. Thanks for stopping by.
 
Have to agree withYerlem.

Nothing here that holds my interest. The fact that you were simply bored, took a photo after you set up two soda cans, then bothered to post it on a Photo site, for what reason? Not to expect that TPF members who bothered to look wouldn't comment, isn't realistic.
 
Have to agree withYerlem.

Nothing here that holds my interest. The fact that you were simply bored, took a photo after you set up two soda cans, then bothered to post it on a Photo site, for what reason? Not to expect that TPF members who bothered to look wouldn't comment, isn't realistic.

I'm not surprise by your comment, most of every comment you post is about not being interested. I didn't know this was a photo competition forum. Thanks for stopping by sir.
 
woah, woah, dude, don't get offended, if you post in the photo gallery you have to expect cc, right? I'm sure you are a great photographer, and I'm just a noob, but if you don't want people commenting on your pictures then upload them to twitter or something
 
Have to agree withYerlem.

Nothing here that holds my interest. The fact that you were simply bored, took a photo after you set up two soda cans, then bothered to post it on a Photo site, for what reason? Not to expect that TPF members who bothered to look wouldn't comment, isn't realistic.

I'm not surprise by your comment, most of every comment you post is about not being interested. I didn't know this was a photo competition forum. Thanks for stopping by sir.


How completely wrong you are. To those that post solid compositions, I'm very positive. To those that post less then stellar work, I offer suggestions, re-edits, etc.

This certainly isn't a contest, but posting just anything is a waste of your time and ours.
 
I'm not offended by any means at all. I'm taking in what you guys are saying, really I am. Now I know what to look for next time. I just thought it looked kinda cool a bit to me at least. I now have to find a way to make it interesting. Practice makes perfect right? I'm sorry if it seems like I was offend then I'm sorry. I kinda just lost all of my pictures so I'm kinda on edge.
 
It's not a stock shot, it's not any sort of pun or any meaning. And the instagram-esque editing is almost as annoying as selective color.

When you post in a photography forum, expect to have your photo critiqued. Boredem is no excuse; use your head and do something interesting. This is something that I would have immediately deleted and forgot about.
 
Well, heck, I like it. I like the color, the composition, the mood. Cars and cans of soda go together, imo. And the way the two cans are positioned makes me think of two rivals, especially positioned dead-center with the cars as a backdrop. It almost has a 1970s feel. It also reminds me of the anime "Akikan!" :)
 
Yes I was bored that day so I thought that I could make something out of nothing. I saw two cans and tried to see what I can do with it at the time. Trust me when you're working long hours in the military and the first thing you try to do when you're bored is to do something other than work. I wish that I could re-edit it but the raw file is lost now. I was trying to mess around with the colors after seeing an tutoral.
 
Well, heck, I like it. I like the color, the composition, the mood. Cars and cans of soda go together, imo. And the way the two cans are positioned makes me think of two rivals, especially positioned dead-center with the cars as a backdrop. It almost has a 1970s feel. It also reminds me of the anime "Akikan!" :)

Thank you
 
I will admit it does look like a snapshot, but a well done snapshot. I like your post processing and the use of colors is good. The green and the red force each other to stand out against the blueish tinted background and nothing blends into one another (as far as colors). The only things I think would have been a little better for it would be if the cans weren't opened, or at least had the tabs pulled off. And I would have turned the Dr. Pepper can around to the label on the other side so you wouldn't see the 12 fl. oz's & 150 calories (if possible).

Articulate simplicity! :thumbup:
 
Or, if you are just "playing around" and posting something fo rthe fun of it, you could post it in a different section, like maybe... I dont know... they "Just for Fun" section. Then no one will have a reason to complain.
 
Some photography can be considered 'Art' some photography can be considered 'Fart'
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom