Solitude

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot thats been giving me a problem, I don't if I should edit out the shadow in the top right corner. Part of me thinks its distracting, but everytime I look at editting it I start to like the patten of the reflections.

So I need some feed back from you experts, should I edit it out or just leave it alone??

Cheers Andy

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

( Solitude ) European Eider Duck

Hoppy said:
I would say leave it as it gives some contrast to the ripples.
Ian

cheers for that Hoppy,

anyone else??

I agree, leave it. There's another shadow too, so it's not like it's the only one.

Fantastic crisp image! I really like this one. As for the shadow, I saw the photo before reading your question and I didn't even notice it. I say leave it in there. :thumbsup:

i think your all probably right, I'll leave it alone, guess im too critical of my own work. If the shadow wasnt there id be moaning about it being empty. Many thanks as always for your feedback, you are a great bunch of people :)

IMHO: The dark splotch in the upper corner IS a distraction. If it were lighter maybe it would not compete so much with the outline of the bird which is THE focal point of the photo.

Actually, to "clone" out areas of water is not that dfficult; you might give that a try and see which, to your eye, is better.

Just my two cents; and worth every penny of it.:)

bburton said:
IMHO: The dark splotch in the upper corner IS a distraction. If it were lighter maybe it would not compete so much with the outline of the bird which is THE focal point of the photo.

Actually, to "clone" out areas of water is not that dfficult; you might give that a try and see which, to your eye, is better.

Just my two cents; and worth every penny of it.:)
just when i thought i'd made my mind up! oh well i might as well give it a go or ill never be happy

Canoncan said:
Leave it, now doubt you can edit it until the cows come home and never be satisfied!
i've just done a printout with the shadow in and I like it. At last im happy with this shot, if in doubt leave it alone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back