Some beginner work for C&C

TheGreatGonzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These photos are from this past December in Vermont (mostly after the first big snow). When I took them, I was still too timid to take the camera off of auto. The only thing I was brave enough to do was try the in-camera "art filter". I did crop a couple of them. Hopefully they have some merit. Any C&C is appreciated, although I realize it may be harsh. As long as it is not "Throw away your camera you jackass. You don't deserve to own a camera.", I'll do my best to put the C&C to work in my future photographs.
Thanks,
Gonzo

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
5. (This one was actually shot the previous December with point & shoot)
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
#8 is my fav, though i feel like there's some detail missing from the snow on the trees... the similarity of gray tones makes it almost one solid construct, which is very cool but we lose almost all highlights that would give a relief or depth to the snow.

#8 is my fav, though i feel like there's some detail missing from the snow on the trees... the similarity of gray tones makes it almost one solid construct, which is very cool but we lose almost all highlights that would give a relief or depth to the snow.

I wish I had been brave enough at the time to try shooting on something other than auto. Any suggestions for post processing that might address the issue?
Thanks,
Gonzo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back