The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I spend a lot of time here, I thought I'd share a bit of good news.

On Easter Sunday, my wife went to the ER by ambulance with Strep Pnuemonia. She spent the next 3 weeks in the ICU, deeply sedated, intubated and on a respirator. According to the ICU docs, she had about a 20% chance of surviving the first week.

Eight days ago she came off the respirator, two days ago she went to Medical Intermediate Care floor and tonight she is being transferred to a rehab institute. (a person sedated and immobile for 3 weeks loses all muscle tone and even loses some of the neural pathways to her extremities.- peripheral neuropathy for those of you who grok lingo) She will have to learn how to walk etc but at least she will be alive.

My hope is that in a week or so, she will be able to come home where I can torture her under the guise of physical therapy exercises.

My interaction on this site has been the only normal thing in my life - and I am grateful for the constant stimulation.

(In case you think that the tension etc. has been the cause of my surliness, think again. I'm naturally surly.

But I have learned that life is too short to lie, even a little.)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for the update, and I'm glad to hear she's improving.

Peace to the gods man! We are certainly a bunch of misfits. None the less have boundless love and that is what it is all about. So post your ramblings and know we will always be there for you.

Love and Bass

Ah, good news, Lew, I am happy to hear that now your wife is clearly on the mend. I do hope she'll recover speedily and regain all her abilities soon. Physical therapy will be a bit of a pain, but very necessary, but you will have her back and can "torture" her yourself, that's good, eh? ;) :wink: :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back