Some More Shots of the Girlfriend

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello hello, I have a few more photos of this lovely person. Her mom had recently gotten a DSLR, was doing some photos of her, and I tagged along to maybe give the madre some pointers and to spend some time with my girlfriend, brought my 50mm 1.8 along to get a few shots.

This one is probably my favorite of the set. Her mom was making her pose and such, and I stood around passively, just waiting for an interesting shot. For this one, she was obviously not looking at me, but at her mom (who was again, posing and shooting), who was a few feet to my left. I saw an opportunity and took this. Personally think this shot has few flaws. I really like the soft lighting, and I tried to crop in a way that kept it spacey and relaxed. I kinda wish that beam wasn't right above her head, but it is what it is.

If the first isn't my favorite, this one is. Candid. I kept the entire shot pretty bright, but I masked her and dodged so she could pop out a little. Cropped close to fill any negative space. I like the dreaminess of the shot, it's very light.

Can't say much for this, just wish that column wasn't in the way and I think a wider lens would've been really helpful here. Candid, just noticed her leaning over the railing.

Actually posed. I wish I took a step or 2 back, because she had her hand up against the fence, and it would've helped the feel of the image if I had gotten that in frame. Only got the tip of her finger so I had to crop in close. Not as mysterious or something as I'd intended, but I still think it's a decent picture.

Much better than the first set you posted a while back, these show a nice mix of images. Some day these will be priceless images to both you and her. The chain link fence shot is oddly compelling as-shown, but I think I might crop it on the top and the left, to put her eyes not quite so far off to the short side of the frame. Shot #1 might look better within the context of this set if it were brightened up a bit.

Much better than the first set you posted a while back, these show a nice mix of images. Some day these will be priceless images to both you and her. The chain link fence shot is oddly compelling as-shown, but I think I might crop it on the top and the left, to put her eyes not quite so far off to the short side of the frame. Shot #1 might look better within the context of this set if it were brightened up a bit.
I did notice that shot #1 was a little dark, but it keeps it very relaxed, in contrast to the feel of the second shot.

I will recrop the fence shot though, I agree it seems a touch off center.

She's lovely. I'd like to see more light on her face on the fence shot.. looks like she has green eyes?

quick random preset on it and brightened eyes
32800949293_eba281862d_k-3.jpg

quick random preset on it and brightened eyes
I'm not sure how to achieve these looks in LR, outside of using the presets, if it's even possible. She does have greenish eyes, and I do agree I should brighten them a bit.

Most reactions

Back