Some of my First Photos

Geno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is my first posting of my own photos. They are all while just trying to figure out different settings. Please feel free to comment, for better or worse.

1. Taken using my father's Nikon D80 in direct, bright sunlight - Underexposed, but I thought it looked interesting.

PlantUnderexposed.jpg

2. Again, my father's camera with my brother holding black cardboard as background.
WhiteFlower.jpg

3. One of my first photos with my new Canon 40D.
Snowman.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Nice pics. Here's your first photo with a little exposure correction.

PlantUnderexposed.jpg

The first two are rather nice. I like the exposure correction that PhotoDonkey did. I might have used a tad deeper depth of field on the second one to get the yellow part of the flower in focus as well. But that's just a personal opinion.

The snowman picture looked a bit out of focus at first, but upon closer inspection I think it's ok. It almost looks like you were staging a portrait shot.

On a sidenote, I keep getting these D40's mixed up with the Canon 40D's. I'm a Canon guy and I read about people starting out with what my mind interprets as a 40D (instead of a D40) and I'm just instantly jealous. Anyway, continue on... :) Keep up the good work.

Most reactions

Back