Some of my first "SOOC" shots...

Haylotx85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have had my camera about 3 weeks now and wanted to share some of the pictures I took playing around with the different settings! **I am still amazed and excited that you can make backgrounds blurry!!**it's the small things right now! Let's hear it..the good, the bad, and.... the ugly!

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

Scout1.jpg

Scout4.jpg

Scout5.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

I played with the saturation setting in Picasa on these last 2 pictures.
1.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

geeez I just looked at THAOIMAGE first DSLR photo...I know there is no comparison...feeling a wee bit intimidated here....this is the beginners (= I haven't a clue as to what I am really doing)) thread right??

Yes, beginners thread. You have a great beginner camera. I am also a beginner so take my advice with a grain of salt but I'm going to attempt to be helpful.

One thing, If posting more than two or three images, it's nice to number them, only so people can reference them. -no biggie.

#1 is a focused and exposed nice but you cut a lot of the dogs off. #2 is a bit overexposed.

I like #3 and #4 (is number 4 makeup?). 3 is a bit underexposed, 9 is a lot underexposed, but if you don't have a tripod longer shutter speeds could be an issue. I like the silhouette of the couple in #9 too. The focus on the purple and green flowers (green flower!? weird, what is it?) is a bit off, but that might be because of your 0.1 second shutter speed. Could try using the back of a chair or something to steady you.

I also like the windmills but the horizon is a bit crooked, but you could rotate it in an editing program.

---I'm jealous you live near the ocean (well... gulf). I miss the ocean, Lake Erie doesn't compare.

it's all good.. outdoors/indoors, using available light/using flash, close up/distant, standing/crouching. this is all worthwhile. when you're outdoors in good light., try your camera on Aperture Priority (Av). take a few shots of the same object nearby, adjusting the F-numbers to widen/narrow the aperture inside the lens. in Aperture Priority mode, your camera will meter the light passing through the lens onto the sensor and compute the required shutter-speed. try this with the metering mode option set to either Evaluative or Center-Weighted Average.

Thank you for your responses!! Yes that is make up in one of the photos. The green flower is some sort of a green mum..bought them at the grocery store. I had never even noticed the couple in photo number 9! :lmao: I haven't acquired an eye for all of this yet! Do you always want your photos to be perfectly exposed? Like I mentioned before this is a whole new ballpark for me! Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back