Some of my summer shots that I like, are they interesting to you? improvements?

MiFleur

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1)It was completely blown up but the ducks were fine, does it look too artificial, I just added layers to fill the white.

$130626_0726 copy.jpg

2) I just think it looks all warmed up by the sun, is it any good to you?

$130621_1735-copy.jpg

3) I love the background on these, just wanted to frame them. Should I remove the frame?

$130624_0526-copy.jpg

4) We were picking stawberries in the garden and she found some big ones, was running to come and show me. I had my camera with me

$130702_1317-copy.jpg

4) Coming back home at sunset time, I passed in front of that farm, one of the nicest farm I have seen.

$130703_1256-copy.jpg

5) Experimenting with my new Vello Extension tubes

$130708_1377-copy.jpg

6) I just thought he was so cute with his big eyes against the red background

$130625_0222-copy.jpg

Attachments

• $130626_0726-copy.jpg
    $130626_0726-copy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 104
I know it makes no logical sense, but I really like the concept behind the ducks and moon shot! The mama duck and her brood are rendered nicely--a great group position! How did you get 'em to pose like that???? The water-as-sky or sky-as-water metaphor is actually QUITE clever! Kudos to you! I'd like to see the moon moved up and a bit to the right though. I liked the lovely starfish-like plant close-up. I like the running girl's stop-motion and rich green colors, but am having a hard time with her closed eyes...just don't like the eyes not being open. I tbhink the two blue irises are "pulling apart" the frame...I can see a nice shot in there by just cropping off the right hand one, and making a "tall" out of just the left iris. Your color saturation is rich in all of these. The iris shot might be a bit too saturated, but the other frames have deep,rich color and pretty good tonal control. I like the exact,precise tonal control of the shot of the wine glass on the deck railing, but think it needs to be rotated counter-clockwise a teensie bit.

I know it makes no logical sense, but I really like the concept behind the ducks and moon shot! The mama duck and her brood are rendered nicely--a great group position! How did you get 'em to pose like that???? The water-as-sky or sky-as-water metaphor is actually QUITE clever! Kudos to you! I'd like to see the moon moved up and a bit to the right though. I liked the lovely starfish-like plant close-up. I like the running girl's stop-motion and rich green colors, but am having a hard time with her closed eyes...just don't like the eyes not being open. I tbhink the two blue irises are "pulling apart" the frame...I can see a nice shot in there by just cropping off the right hand one, and making a "tall" out of just the left iris. Your color saturation is rich in all of these. The iris shot might be a bit too saturated, but the other frames have deep,rich color and pretty good tonal control. I like the exact,precise tonal control of the shot of the wine glass on the deck railing, but think it needs to be rotated counter-clockwise a teensie bit.

Thanks Derrel I wish I knew how to pose ducks, I would have many much better shots of them! Yes may be the moon a little higher would help

On the girl do you think this one is better?$130702_1319-copy.jpg

Thanks for the blue flower

On the Iris here is the other one I had taken, think it is better?$130624_0528-copy.jpg

Yes I agree with you on the glass of wine, I missed that part.

Thanks Derrel

Yes, I think the second girl running is a bit better. As to posing groups of ducks...I took a class in herding cats back in the 1990's...taught by a famous cat wrangler from Montana. I learned a lot!

He's the guy wrapping the big ball of yarn in this video!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is quite incredible, hard to imagine herding all these cats, finally may be duck is simple
Thanks Derrel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back