Some photos of Johny at the river.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johny hired me to photograph him after finding me on Instagram. We went to Rooster Rock in the Gorge towards the end of the day. Shot in all natural light.

One might even say he's just another cow standing in the water with his mouth hanging open waiting to die so he doesn't have to be in front of my camera anymore. But at least I got paid to photograph said cow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

_m9a2283_by_danostergren-dclmdvd.jpg

_m9a2208_by_danostergren-dclwpog.jpg

_m9a2106_by_danostergren-dcljl1w.jpg

_m9a2114_by_danostergren-dclwpo9.jpg

This last one is NSFW, so I'm posting it as a link. It's only side-butt, so don't go clutching your pearls too soon. What I love most about this shot is the landscape; the dry riverbed and smokey haze from the wildfires created an ethereal mood, in my opinion.
https://orig00.deviantart.net/abe4/f/2018/250/4/c/_m9a2177_by_danostergren-dcm8j6l.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!!! These are incredible. I love the sharpness and the angles!! Subject is pretty great too!! :) Are you a Nikon or Canon fan? neither?

WOW!!!! These are incredible. I love the sharpness and the angles!! Subject is pretty great too!! :) Are you a Nikon or Canon fan? neither?

Thank you. I shoot with Canon and am only versed in Canon, but I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a fan. I don’t think the camera or brand really matters, I think the skill, talent and knowledge of the camera operator is what matters.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

The very last shot, the one linked to, is simply spectacular. Fantastic light,subject,pose,background, and smoky air. Just wonderful!

The very last shot, the one linked to, is simply spectacular. Fantastic light,subject,pose,background, and smoky air. Just wonderful!
Thank you Derrel! As I'm sure you know, this smoke has been a problem in the area and has a bit of a depressing presence, but it's given us photographers a great opportunity to use it as a natural light modifier and gives an interesting feeling to outdoor locations.

Yeah...this "light blue air" has been a real trip the past few weeks...forest fire season and all...spectacular red-ball sunrises...days where mountains only a couple miles away look distant...it's been trippy, for sure. Your photo really leveraged the poor air quality in a magnificent way.

I agree with Derrel. The whole set is excellent, and that last shot is really something special. Thank you for sharing your outstanding work.

Yeah...this "light blue air" has been a real trip the past few weeks...forest fire season and all...spectacular red-ball sunrises...days where mountains only a couple miles away look distant...it's been trippy, for sure. Your photo really leveraged the poor air quality in a magnificent way.

When it was really thick it was interesting how the light seemed like end of the day lighting all day long. Unfortunately I never tried taking advantage of that lighting, but all that smoke did not make my lungs feel good at all. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back