Some pictures from the other day. Comments?

SarahTomlin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
b-4.jpg

duck2.jpg

Yeah, I hear ya... I've had some threads like this elsewhere.

Here's my $.05 worth.

1. I've tried these shots and for some reason it's difficult to capture what you saw in a photograph and I don't think this one succeeded either. The tree trunk guides me right to the center of the photo where I find... nothing.

2. Looks a little underexposed and again, the focus in in the center. Kind of works for this photo though but perhaps a landscape orientation would have been better here?

Keep it up, I'd love to see some more!

Responses here seem to come for really good pictures and for really bad pictures. A lack of responses isn't always a bad thing. Its just that the pictures don't stand out as much.

They are nice pictures.
#1 - there are some hotspots in the bark, where its blown out. This often happens when shooting on very sunny days, with shade. Nice colour saturation and good composition. I like the lines in the pictures

#2 - Nice sharpness and colours in the picture, but I don't like the composition. There is lots of empty space on top of the duck and I would prefer seeing more of the body or less of the body and closer on the head. Practice at filling your frame with your subject, as you did with the tree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back