Some pictures i took with the FE.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken with a Nikon FE and 50mm 1.8, scanned with an epson v500.

Film: Expired Kodak Gold 200

5243058458_c7eaa05c98_b.jpg

5242460323_fbd6213553_b.jpg

Nice, keep shooting film! I'm currently on a roll of Fuji Reala 100, heard good things about it. Adorama has a huge selection of film if you're looking for some variety.

I love the colors in both.. and they show films ability to handle scenes with a high range of luminosity.. maybe due to the separate emulsions for the color channels, but I'm not sure.

How do you like the FE? I had one which broke but I replaced it with an FE2. The meter is pretty cool on those, with the dual needles. Looking forward to seeing more film shots here I hope (I know white posts some b&w's from time to time).

I love that FE! such a nice camera.

For the film, i think you guys will be tired of me posting kodak gold film shot, i bought 150 roll for 40 bucks!

Store it in your refrigerator. It will keep the film from expiring.

You said it was expired already, and it may be expired going by the date on the box, but that doesn't mean it's bad. If it was stored in a fridge or freezer then the emulsions are as good as new probably. I'm no expert (new to film really) but the colors look pretty accurate to me.

yup they look good, i did shoot like 5 rolls and they all came out good.
they are 6 month expired and they were kept in a freezer, I have a small bar fridge in my basement and i keep them in there. i dont see myself shooting 150 roll any time soon. i am going to buy some BW on shoot one once in while

yup they look good, i did shoot like 5 rolls and they all came out good.
they are 6 month expired and they were kept in a freezer, I have a small bar fridge in my basement and i keep them in there. i dont see myself shooting 150 roll any time soon. i am going to buy some BW on shoot one once in while

Just make sure if you do buy b&w film.. get either c41 process (like Ilford FP4) and have it done at a lab or get traditional silver oxide film (like Ilford HP5) and develop it yourself. If you drop off traditional black and white film at a walgreens (well, at least some of them), they will develop it and wipe out your photos (my dumb ass did exactly this).

Developing black and white is easy though, you only need 3 chemicals and a drum to put them in. I practiced with my nuked walgreens film with my eyes closed before loading good stuff in the dark.

Most reactions

Back