_rebecca_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C always welcomed and appreciated. :)

One of my favourites :)
3635143469_df0fa9848b_o.jpg

This guy barely stood still for the whole shoot and definitely ended up making a mess of that tux lol
4018156878_b864a0d134_o.jpg

Every time the camera pointed at him, he made this grin. it's cute, but I wish it was more natural. Also, not happy with the focus on this one.
4017395133_157aaba24f_o.jpg

Lesson learned: do not let your client wear a white hoodie with a white shirt underneath. Ugh. She's a good friend though, and we had fun. :)
4018170238_39998ebf1b_o.jpg

5. Again with the white hoodie. However, she wanted something kind of "urban feeling" and this is what came of it.
4018170336_9121c6200b_o.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE #1 and #2... absolutely love them!

i did a family photo last weekend and they INSISTED on all wearing white, outdoors, and had to be in the dead middle part of the day. we made do but a lot of blown out shots.

nice work!

pretty nice work. in the last diptych, if she was wearing something light blue, it wouldve rocked the world. her head also makes a shadow on the wall, get rid of it in acr.

Thanks! :) And I didn't notice that shadow, I'll get rid of it for sure. :)

Nice images! Like the closeness of the first one and you have good color and pp! Only thing I would have done differently in the first image is to bring the eyes further up in the frame. Nice work!

Nice images! Like the closeness of the first one and you have good color and pp! Only thing I would have done differently in the first image is to bring the eyes further up in the frame. Nice work!

Thanks! I really enjoy your work, so this means a lot to me! :)

I definitely agree about bringing her eyes up in the frame. I tried a few different crops, but I ended up going with this one because she's squeezing a pretty old (and not too photogenic) dolly with her under that blanket and the doll just didn't work in the photo. :(

Thanks! :) And I didn't notice that shadow, I'll get rid of it for sure. :)

Whoa! Shadows are not always a bad thing. In fact, we could use a LOT more shadows around here. You didn't notice it because it belongs there. In your "mind's eye," it would look strange without it. Light causes shadow. No need to deviate from physics.

But no matter... the shots of the kids are very nice! Why didn't you light the girl (is she a senior) as well?

-Pete

Whoa! Shadows are not always a bad thing. In fact, we could use a LOT more shadows around here. You didn't notice it because it belongs there. In your "mind's eye," it would look strange without it. Light causes shadow. No need to deviate from physics.

Yeah, I opened the photo up in PS and removed the shadow. It didn't look right at all, so the shadow is back! lol You have a point, and have made me consider just how much "fixing" a photo needs sometimes.

Christie Photo said:
But no matter... the shots of the kids are very nice! Why didn't you light the girl (is she a senior) as well?

-Pete

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the kids shots. :) That is what I normally shoot, so I am more at ease and just "doing my thing" when I shoot children. The shots of the woman (she is 15 years out of highschool and one of my friends lol, but I will tell her that she was mistaken for a high school senior as I'm sure that will make her day!) were done on a whim. She wanted pictures of herself after seeing some of my self portraits, and I wanted practice working with older subjects in a new environment. I was messing up small things left and right and to be honest, I was very unhappy with the end results. She is happy, but she can't see the glaring technical flaws. ;) I'm hoping to wrangle more friends into letting me shoot them so I can improve.

Good Job! Doesn't street art make one of the best backgrounds ?:thumbup:

What's really interesting to me how vivid the reflections on the glass panels came out. That would be great location to be getting some narly shots.

I like them but last one seems a bit too yellow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back