Something Ive been working on

mannella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
the first is one of my cousins triplets and the second my 13 year old grandaughter
Debtrip2copycopy.jpg

Casheena2.jpg

They seem pretty lo-res to me, it would be difficult to make even a 4x6 if these are full resolution images.

they are not low res and they print out to an 8x10 very well. They are posted at about 200kb I now have High speed and will be able to upload larger files. It only took 4 years to get it but everything comes to those that wait.

Mannella, you do know you have red eye in this one, don't you?
That would be impossible since her eyes are hand painted must be your monitor. Her eyes are actually brown.
This is her brother and I didn't change his eye colour
coreycopy.jpg

Last edited:
What have you done with their bodies? :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early
Mannella, you do know you have red eye in this one, don't you?

That would be impossible since her eyes are hand painted must be your monitor. Her eyes are actually brown.

She/He isn't referring to the blue color of the eye. Look in the center at the black...see the red tinge? I'm pretty sure you could easily correct it but there's definitely red eye there.;)

Overall, I'm not sure I like the 'look' but everyone has their one style. It might would help to do a different background color (white or black maybe?). Their skin/face just looks overworked in post edit for me..some parts look even over sharpened (referring to parts of the hair where you can see it most). The skin that looks the most 'off' to me is of the girl with blue eyes. It's blotchy & flat feeling.

I definitely give you points for being creative though!

I am sorry, I just don't find these particularly interesting or good. I think you need to ease up on the heavy PP and learn to find the beauty inside the person as is. Painting eyes and skintone backgrounds don't help the situation either.

From a technical standpoint; the eye colors don't match, the photos are over sharpened, and their are unflattering shadows.

Also, with all thise PP... why not get rid of some blemishes?

mannella, what exactly do you mean by "hand painted"?

you mean you used a wacom tablet?

you didnt need to "repaint" the eyes to change the color.

i tend to agree with thompson on this one...
its fun to see what pp can do but i would consider changing the BG color and fixing some of the imperfections.

She/He isn't referring to the blue color of the eye. Look in the center at the black...see the red tinge? I'm pretty sure you could easily correct it but there's definitely red eye there.;)

Overall, I'm not sure I like the 'look' but everyone has their one style. It might would help to do a different background color (white or black maybe?). Their skin/face just looks overworked in post edit for me..some parts look even over sharpened (referring to parts of the hair where you can see it most). The skin that looks the most 'off' to me is of the girl with blue eyes. It's blotchy & flat feeling.

I definitely give you points for being creative though!
I don't know how the red would get there since I did the eye ball to. Could be from the sharping. I will have to check the master thanks for the comment

I agree that the "decapitation" looks a little disturbing, hehe..
I'm surprised at the comments of decapitation I have seen lots of pictures and painting like this would you consider a cameo as decapitation?
What I was trying to do was to get the photo looking more like a pastel sketch. Thanks to everyone for the comments.

hmmm.....I must see things a little differently....I kinda like both of them. The "decapitation" thing never entered my mind.

Manella, let's talk a little bit more about your processing. I see where you're going with this, but as a painting, these have a ways to go. Which is fine. Right now you seem to be stuck in-between an overly post-processed photo and a painting. You should either take it to the next level and make it really look like a sketch or a painting, or dial it back to just a photograph. I think the decapitation comments might be coming from the fact that as they are now, they're still incredibly realistic looking which makes you wonder where their bodies are. If you can kick it up to a real painted look, it wouldn't feel so disembodied I'm sure, but instead be that artist sketch you're looking for.

Good for you for trying new things. What program are you using for these? Have you looked into any painting tutorials? I've never done them before, but I'm told they're incredibly time-intensive. Just like painting a real canvas. Each brush stroke has to be as perfect as if you were painting with acrylics instead of a digital medium. Good luck working these out, I can tell they're really special to you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back