Soon To Be Destroyed!

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This house was constructed back during the late 1800’s. The owner just celebrated his 96th birthday last week. My wife grew up in it as a teenager more than 50 years ago. It hasn’t been occupied for a number of years now and it will be torn down due to its condition. Sad to see an old relic go to waste.

FrontB&W (LR)1500x901.jpg

JT

Where did those birds come from?

I'm all for historic preservation.

Take a picture, then tear it down.

i love this house.. too bad someone cannot find the time and money to restore it.. such a beauiful porch.. i imagine it like new...

Sad. I love old houses. We have one falling down in our village, but the gentleman is still living in it. He refuses to move. Holes in the wall and everything. It must have been beautiful when kept nice.

Where did those birds come from?

Just a few days before the house photo I captured an image of a lone buzzard sitting in a horse pasture eating on a snake. I cut out its image in Gimp, scaled it down to fit in the house photo and tried to match up the contrast by making it B&W. Here is the entire image:

500_0153 (LRGCR)1500x844.jpg

JT

Nice pic and kind of sad to see it go. I wonder how many cold glasses of iced tea have graced it's porch on a hot, summers day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back