What's new

Sour grapes

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
1,398
Reaction score
159
Location
Boca Raton, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have a few photos that have been processed in different ways, and am looking for C&C, and to see which ones are liked (if any), and which ones aren't, and what you would have done with the original image.

Looking forward to reading your replies.

Original
$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines.webp


2
$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines - 2.webp



3
$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines - 3.webp



4
$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines - hazy sunlight.webp



5
$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines - Sepia.webp
 
I like the processing on the first one the best, just seems like the best balance of exposure and contrast to me.

IF this were my picture, I think I'd probably crop it at the top to (barely) completely remove the sky, and then crop it on the left so that where the road fades off into the distance is at the very edge of the frame. For me, I think that brings the focus in on the workers a little more, while still giving a sense of the long path and all those grapes behind them.
I'd also get rid of whatever those white things in the road are; it looks like you removed them in the other versions (although I didn't view any of the others full size).
 
I like the processing on the first one the best, just seems like the best balance of exposure and contrast to me.

IF this were my picture, I think I'd probably crop it at the top to (barely) completely remove the sky, and then crop it on the left so that where the road fades off into the distance is at the very edge of the frame. For me, I think that brings the focus in on the workers a little more, while still giving a sense of the long path and all those grapes behind them.
I'd also get rid of whatever those white things in the road are; it looks like you removed them in the other versions (although I didn't view any of the others full size).

Hi sm4him,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I forgot to remove the white paper in the road from the original, thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:

As far as the crop goes, based upon your recommendations I tried a few different ways, and prefer just the sky being mostly removed. I like the original road leading off into the bushes and the distance.

Here they are, let me know what you think.

BTW, what is your opinion of the sun-faded one and the sepia? As stand alones, not necessarily compared to the rest?

The crop I prefer:

$Picking and boxing grapes from the vines -sky  cropped.webp

The second crop

$Pickingandboxinggrapesfromthevines-cropped_zps0c4cb717.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom