j-dogg
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jun 8, 2010
- Messages
- 526
- Reaction score
- 5
- Location
- Flori-duh
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Cliffnotes: Father works at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station does processing for some NASA stuff, gets a visitor pass that puts us a stone's throw away from this thing. Most of you have never been this close, it is ****ing HUGE. I couldn't fit it all on a 28mm lens next to it. I think a 10mm lens might have gotten a full side profile of it. It is absolutely monolithic. Imagine an 8 or 10 story building on tracks rolling past you at 1mph. That's about how big the Space Shuttle is.
We were close enough to be able to throw one of my lenses to the workers on the top deck, if I wanted to.
This was the last night roll-out for the Space Shuttle Program, there will be no more after this.
yeah, mine too!