Speckled Duck

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SpeckledDuck.jpg

C&C always appreciated :)

a very nice capture of possibly the ugliest duck i have ever seen! :lmao: the lump under the eye and behind his notril makes him appear to be grinning

a very nice capture of possibly the ugliest duck i have ever seen! :lmao: the lump under the eye and behind his notril makes him appear to be grinning

Hah, he does look like he's smiling! Thanks for the comment, MHarvey.

Weird thing... I ID this duck, it's a Muscovy Duck, but they are a non-migratory breed that live in tropical climates of central america... What the heck was it doing in New York on a very cold December day? Weird.

Did you work with a high ISO in order to achieve this?
Wide open ... that's apparent ... and a relatively long shutter speed? Given the mm you had to use to get this? For it is not QUITE sharp... :scratch:

Did you work with a high ISO in order to achieve this?
Wide open ... that's apparent ... and a relatively long shutter speed? Given the mm you had to use to get this? For it is not QUITE sharp... :scratch:

Indeed. I had to pump the ISO up to 800 (and I guess I should have gone even higher but my camera gets very noisy even at 800). And it was quite a cold day so I'm sure I was shaking a bit. Sadly, this was the best shot I got of the duck - but he's too weird looking not to show ;)

haha i love this the bumps around the nose of the duck kinda looks like darth vader.

Hah, he does look like he's smiling! Thanks for the comment, MHarvey.

Weird thing... I ID this duck, it's a Muscovy Duck, but they are a non-migratory breed that live in tropical climates of central america... What the heck was it doing in New York on a very cold December day? Weird.

I know muskovy ducks are sometimes concidered "ornamental" Might not be your typical park duck but might explain why he's there :lol:

How did you get the backround to look like it's moving?

I'm not sure, it wasn't intentional. I think because it was cold out and I was shaking a little. :crazy:

Most reactions

Back