spider and the fly

thanks guys

like this
bsp.jpg

EEEEK!!

Actually thats not as bad as I thought it was. I must be thinking of another one I looked up at the same time as this one yesterday that was closer to a $1K.

Its funny how your perspective changes. I croaked over my $600 lens, but now, I think, oh, its only $200 more and I can get THAT? LOL

As neat as macros are, they aren't on my current radar. I'm trying to master certain other photography types first that I think would be of more use to me. Of course, I want it all, but that was another VERY LONG thread with a LOT of opinions!

I sure drool over these photos though!

I love macro. After seeing what that lens can do, I'm tempted to sell my 100mm Canon and get the MP-E.

I love macro. After seeing what that lens can do, I'm tempted to sell my 100mm Canon and get the MP-E.

dont sell your 100mm you'll need it thiing bigger then 1 to 1 it only goes from 1:1 to 5:1

thanks all

the lens well over here in ripoff england its £700 thats $1400 :confused:

with the MP-E you only get 2mm at 1:1 down to 0.85 mm at 5:1,flash is the sigma ring and a vivita 285 with home made diffuser

hmm, so is the MP-E is a constant aperture? It's not changable? Sorry, not sure what you mean by 2mm? Is this the actual DOF?

I can usually get a little more DOF by backing away some and not going with miinmum focus, but this will defeat the macro you're going for. Awseome lighing!!!!

its F2.8 to F16 the best IQ is F11 at 1:1 and F6.5 at 5:1 but it works out with the mag it's something like F44
the max DOF is 2mm at F11 and 1:1 yep thats the big one DOF or IQ and stack the image

stacking is too much work for me and I never use a tripod for macro. Not to mention stacking images of a moving subject is not easy

How do you get the ring flash and vivatar to work? PC cord?

Most reactions

Back