Sports photography feedback

They look noisy for iso2000, where they underexposed and brighten in post ? thats what it looks like to me, you would have been better shooting at a higher iso and slightly overexposing

They look better than I could do with ambient light.

But there is a reason pro basketball shooters are using strobes. It looks better, and allows you to shoot at low iso's.

Shooting basketball with off camera flash need not be expensive. I started out at it using a set of yongnuo yn-460 II flash units, triggered by yongnuo triggers. The entire lighting setup I was using cost me about $90.

Here is an example shot from that exact setup:
1127931040_3bsSS-X2-1.jpg

The lighting in a gym is simply too steep, and without flash, you're going to get dark eyes and poor lighting quality, no matter how good you are.

Destin said:
They look better than I could do with ambient light.

But there is a reason pro basketball shooters are using strobes. It looks better, and allows you to shoot at low iso's.

Shooting basketball with off camera flash need not be expensive. I started out at it using a set of yongnuo yn-460 II flash units, triggered by yongnuo triggers. The entire lighting setup I was using cost me about $90.

Here is an example shot from that exact setup:

The lighting in a gym is simply too steep, and without flash, you're going to get dark eyes and poor lighting quality, no matter how good you are.

Nice work with flash!! I've since bought a pair of Flex Pocket Wizards with AC3 zone controller... Yet to try them out yet...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back