Spring has sprung! C&C if you please.

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The family and I spent last week in Orlando and It's quite obvious that spring is well on it's way in the middle to southern parts of the state.

I think this is the flower of a Golden Trumpet tree. If anyone has some more insight please let me know. I looked all over the net and I think that's what it is.

The flowers sort of blend in with the background making them hard to see and focus on. Maybe just my tired, old eyes.

Yeah, the fact that the sunlight is highlighting the out-of-focus flowers sort of distracts from the shadowy "main" ones. I'm not a fan of the composition, what with the bottom of the in-focus bunch being cut off. You might have even wanted to go closer to get just one or two single flowers in the bunch in the frame.

I thought that it was always spring in the south? When it's not summer, anyway? At least whenever I've been anywhere south of Ohio in the "winter" it's been like 40 or 50, at least. :raisedbrow:

The flowers sort of blend in with the background making them hard to see and focus on. Maybe just my tired, old eyes.

Agreed, if you where to compose the flower's against the blue skies it would have turned out allot more appealing

looks good but brighten the foreground to make those yellows pop! also, gently enhance the blues to create more contrast.

Thanks for the help guys. I really couldn't put my finger on why they didn't pop. Photography can be so frustrating sometimes. This tree was so beautiful in person. I'll give some of these things a try.

Nice capture, has potential to be a real eye catcher, but at the mo it doesnt do much for me. There is a little something missing :) Just my opinion

Warm it a tad and give it some fill light. Lightroom ftw.

Looking though the shots I think I posted the wrong shot. How's this edit?

A little better but the background is just too distracting still.

The flowers that are in focus still arent bright enough. But it is better.

A little ocf to isolate the flowers from the background or maybe a relector.

Most reactions

Back