Hoverfly

EF7A4051_Hoverflyv2 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Very small wasp
EF7A4086_Waspv2 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Ants

IMG_0813_Ant by davholla2002, on Flickr

Shield bug nymph Palomena prasina.

IMG_0769_Shieldbug by davholla2002, on Flickr

Wasp this came from shieldbug eggs, it was a bit of shock as I was hoping to photograph the shieldbug nymphs.
The real size is a bit more 1 mm - magnification was over 4 - I have to check it

IMG_0757_Wasp by davholla2002, on Flickr

Decent set. The beetle is a cracker but I'd have preferred to see it on a natural setting. Pity the focus on the shield bug is slightly out. However, the ant shot is fantastic imo.

Decent set. The beetle is a cracker but I'd have preferred to see it on a natural setting. Pity the focus on the shield bug is slightly out. However, the ant shot is fantastic imo.
I like shots on hands for two reasons a) I get the right size b) I know the colour is correct. The shield bug was tricky - I have just realized that I haven't seen many this year - maybe the wasps are affecting their numbers.
They suffer a lot from Parasatoids I saw this 2 years ago Gymnosoma rotundatum a fly which lays eggs on them.
FlyIMG_0685 by davholla2002, on Flickr

-

Sorry for the bite but it was worth the good shot it got you! :encouragement:
It was that one which bit me. I found an injured one in the road and was worried it would get killed. Whilst carrying it to my garden it bit me.
Talk about ingratitude!

Very nice set, my favs are the ants and shield bug. The shot of the fly is pretty sweet, too!

Excelllent set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back