stairs

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BRI_6780_3764.JPG

Well, there's the slight tilt, but in this case it seems appropriate, giving a feeling of a shot that was 'grabbed" instead of "posed". Her closed eyes, her clasped hands, the position of her feet on the stairs, and her turning back, all seem to be asking us to see deeper. Is she closing her eyes to remember before she goes down those stairs forever? Did she catch a scent on the wind that made her stop and flash-back to her childhood? All kinds of possibilities conjure themselves.

This is the kind of a difficult shot where you need to know how to expose for key tones.

Altho the picture is what it is, I always try to dissect pictures to see how they may have been not perfectly framed, captured, exposed.
Looking for the center of interest, it clearly must be the girl's face, bathed in the light from the lamp above.
But her face is almost pressed up at the top margin.
The tilt can be excused because it is a grab shot but the fact is that we are aware of it and then must 'excuse' it.
There is also a bright pole growing out of her head.

BRI_6780_orig.jpg

So what if the tilt were removed?

BRI_6780_middle.jpg

It seems that the stairs and verticals frame her nicely but there is a lot of space at the bottom that isn't balanced by any space at the top.
I think if she were lower in a larger, uprighted frame and that bright pole removed, she would be at a stronger place, her face would be bathed in more light and not pressed against the margin, the tilt would not be annoying - and it would overall be a much stronger picture.

BRI_6780fin2.jpg

I would like to key that pole down a little. still messing with the highlights. It was run through a orange filter. Kind of out of my control on pole placement I agree it is a little too distracting.. you know I don't clone though lew so it has to stay.

Appreciate the feedback guys, I think this might go into a portfolio (working on it)

For some reason, I had missed this post earlier. I would also darken the wall and railings behind her to focus attention on the porch and her face.

For some reason, I had missed this post earlier. I would also darken the wall and railings behind her to focus attention on the porch and her face.
thanks. I ended up tossing it up as it was but the more suggestions I am getting the more I am considering a edit.

Nice !
Brownie and TriX in D76 ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back