Stairway to Heaven HDR

The out-of-focus area done in post throws it all off for me.

I dont even know how they do this things, but it looks very cool, I love the coloring

What is HDR, is it something that they do in Photoshop?

You're welcome!

I like real HDR photos...though sometimes when done right, the cartoonish-looking ones are awesome as well...

Real HDR is just a solution to get a photo to look the way it looks to our eyes. Take multiple exposures of a scene to capture all the different amounts of light and then in a photo editing program that allows layers, erase those parts that are too light or too dark and you're left with a photo that looks correct.

That's a crap explanation sorry. There are so many different tutorials out there and techniques (most of which just make it all seem too difficult). Someone here will explain better than I can. Perhaps I should work on writing a small tutorial that makes it easy (easy being subjective according to your photo editing abilities).

We're all here to learn and to teach. You'll be doing the same thing if you stick around here. Someone will end up asking a question that you once had and will be given a chance to pay it forward. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back