Stairways to nowhere.....

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one completely surprised me, an escalator (shopping mall in Brussels, Belgium) taking you....absolutely nowhere.
Never seen something that weird!
Discover an absurd building - Horta Galerie - with hardly any rented shops, a lot of empty corridors, yet with fully working escalators, doors and lightning.

img.JPG

horta brussel - Google zoeken

Last edited:
Neat... How do you know it don't take you anywhere? Did you walk all the way down it? You may have ended up in @Gary A. 's back yard or in @Derrel 's garage....

Maybe it's an escalator showroom.

This one completely surprised me, an escalator (shopping mall in Brussels, Belgium) taking you....absolutely nowhere.
Never seen something that weird!
Discover an absurd building - Horta Galerie - with hardly any rented shops, a lot of empty corridors, yet with fully working escalators, doors and lightning.horta brussel - Google zoeken

This is one that we in America might refer to as a "WTF!?" kind of building.

How bizarre! I mean, like WTF is up with the escalator that ends right at a wall?

And is that one going up or down?

Brussels is a bilingual district with 2 million inhabitants and this means chaos/red tape (administrative levels) :bek181: :dejection: so things like this can happen more than once.
But, I like the Flemish Belgians, Belgian "cuisine" and their easy way of life, so you can find me quite often in cities like Brussels and Antwerp :D

On my bucket list to go there. My family roots are from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back