Star Orchids (4 images)

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were some of my favorites from the last batch of flowers-in-the-studio. C&C welcome, as always. Please enjoy...

star_orchid_5_8x10.jpg

star_orchid_11x14.jpg

star_orchid_6_2x3.jpg

star_orchid_2_11x14.jpg

Oooo! Nice!
I really like 2 and 3!!!
Is it window light?
And what's the surface (both black and white) you put them on? And what do you use for your background?

I love the texture of the surface with number 3.
Very nice. mind if i ask what the surface was?

I find they are all rather stunning. I really like the colors of #4 best.

The setup is a 580exII with a shoot-through umbrella, 42" zip disc reflector with a white cover (these are generally arranged left and right respectively, though for the reflection shots I'll move the reflector more above the subject). The background for the black ones is black velvet and white is white foamcore.

For the reflective surfaces, I use a thin piece of acrylic (Plexiglass) on either the black velvet or the foam core. The piece was probably $1.99 at the hobby store.

I have a picture of the setup but I haven't taken it off the wife's camera yet.

The setup is a 580exII with a shoot-through umbrella, 42" zip disc reflector with a white cover (these are generally arranged left and right respectively, though for the reflection shots I'll move the reflector more above the subject). The background for the black ones is black velvet and white is white foamcore.

For the reflective surfaces, I use a thin piece of acrylic (Plexiglass) on either the black velvet or the foam core. The piece was probably $1.99 at the hobby store.

I have a picture of the setup but I haven't taken it off the wife's camera yet.

thanks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back