What's new

Star trail in the back yard

Ozzie_Traveller12

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 19, 2022
Messages
770
Reaction score
973
Location
Eastern Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

Just another star-trail shot from the back yard of the place I am visiting today. A 60-minute exposure of 60 x 1-minute exposures, stacked using 'startrails.de' software


exif- Panny FZ-2500; 60 exposures of 60s x F2,8; ISO-800; lens at 1x zoom / 24mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil
 
G'day all

Just another star-trail shot from the back yard of the place I am visiting today. A 60-minute exposure of 60 x 1-minute exposures, stacked using 'startrails.de' software


exif- Panny FZ-2500; 60 exposures of 60s x F2,8; ISO-800; lens at 1x zoom / 24mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil
Great photo, it's a technique that I have been meaning to try for a long time now. I am going on holiday soon so maybe I will give it a try then.
 
Great photo, it's a technique that I have been meaning to try for a long time now. I am going on holiday soon so maybe I will give it a try then.
G'day mate

Overall it's quite easy - esp with the 'right' software
I suggest you download from "www-startrails-de" (change the - marks, you know all about it) and use that ... it's good software created by a photographer/astronomer fella

camera on tripod - continuous mode - remote device to keep it going - 30 seconds exp time - F2,8 or thereabouts - use JPG mode - ISO-800 - MF mode (strangely AF don't work real well for the stars) - and the camera will keep going until the battery runs flat, maybe 400 frames later

Stacking the images on my std laptop takes about 10 minutes for 300 images

Hope this helps
Phil
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom