Photos OK to edit
DSC_8310.jpg

DSC_6377.jpg

DSC_6390.jpg

Two weeks ago:
DSC_6416.jpg

Yesterday (pretty much the same shot as above):
DSC_8219.jpg

Over all a nice effort to convey your outdoor experience. The 1st trail picture is nicely composed and exposed. Picture #2 could use a re-edit to crop out those bare branches just hanging from the top. I would have moved so that I was looking more down the path then from off to the side. The result is that the path really goes no where. Picture #3 is poorly composed, as it so busy with out of focus brush everywhere. And with that big rock dead center, it should have been in focus. Picture #4 is your best river image. For even a stronger composition I would suggest that you crop about 1/2 of the tree line above the rock. Picture #5 seems over exposed, and could also use a crop to remove at least half if not more of the trees above the river.

All very different, and all very nice! I think they are all well composed and executed. The first two make me want to go hiking - right now. hehe.. The exposure in the water shots looks tricky, but you appear to have managed very well. The trees in #5 seem a bit warm. Did you use or apply a filter?

hmm.. ya, I agree with the comment about #3 and the rock.

Thanks both of you, the exposures were tricky with the sun popping in and out of the clouds. I took a lot of HDR shots and posted them over in the HDR sub forum, it was a great day on the trails.

I think the composition should have been worked on a bit more. Honestly these look not much different than a tourists shots of his trip to the park.

castroincome said:
I think the composition should have been worked on a bit more. Honestly these look not much different than a tourists shots of his trip to the park.

Thanks, that's what they are. I'm not a pro by any means.

Most reactions

Back