Stepping back in time.

Grandpa Ron

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Periodically strange instincts grab me; so I pick up the 1910 view camera inherited from my late Uncle, a light meter, focusing Loupe, 4x5 film holders and a couple of '50 vintage lenses. All this to feed my fancy for turn of the last century photography.

P-176 Gimp pac.JPG

Mid 1800's cemetery, still in use and well maintained today.

P-180 Gimp sep.JPG

Daffodils in the back yard.

P-179 Gimp sep.JPG

Fishing pier with a bit of wind.

P-189 Gimp sep.JPG

Hiking trail. Getting the gear there is the challenge.

I was told one time that there are 1001 mistake you can make with view cameras. I think I have discovered about half of them so far. :)

I would love a view camera.

Nice series. The right subjects for the treatment.
........................I was told one time that there are 1001 mistake you can make with view cameras. I think I have discovered about half of them so far. :)
Only a half. I'm way ahead of you. :)

Last edited:
Hey Ron, I can totally see why you enjoy this particular sub-genre. Your graveyard is genuinely unsettling. Pier is very cool.

Matt,

I enjoy old technology, it has been a hobby of mine for decades. In addition to old cameras, I build and use muzzle loading firearms, I have restored old wood and canvas canoes, old string instruments cast off by others. While certainly do not shun modern technology, there is certain appeal in being back to life the efforts of some craftsman from long ago.

I thought cemetery photos were unusually, until met group of people who were doing headstone tracing with paper and chalk.

Thanks for the comments

# 3 for me...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back