What's new

Still Waters

CapeBeachRose

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Yarmouthport, MA

CapeBeachRose
 

Attachments

  • $image-2956074750.webp
    $image-2956074750.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 112
I can't decide on this shot.

Here is what I like. The clouds lead in from the left straight to the boat house or whatever it is as well as the reflection. I also like the stillness. I like those rocks in the foreground.

What I don't like, I can't see enough of those rocks in the foreground I think brightening this area will help balance. The horizon is dead in the center so I don't know if you want me to look at the sky or the water.

I feel like a lower vantage point when the image was taken would help bring out those rocks and bring the focus to the sill water and the details below. May be worth trying to crop the sky down to just above the trees and brightening the water/rocks.
 
I agree about the lower vantage point, however I was on a bridge, and unfortunately, there are no reflective waters at low tide.

CapeBeachRose
 
I like your basic compositional concept. Exposure and saturation is dead on, and very effective. Here, the rule of thirds would really work to your benefit. I would try a re-crop and remove a min of half of the sky. It doesn't lessen the effect of the clouds, rather it strengthens them, and their pointing to the boat house.
 
Really liked ur work.

> is it edited or streight from the camera?
> how did u achieve those wonderful reflection on water? Through post processing or in cameera...?
Thanks..
 
If you were to move about 10 feet closer to that building and take the shot I think it would fix the disagreement with composition. More of the water/less sky.
 
Thanks for the input all, it was straight out of the camera

CapeBeachRose
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom