Stock photo no micropayment sites

Maybe my comment can help here.

I know many people who are serious about photography and they submit their images to the micros. Some of them are outstanding and stunning. However, overall , on the micro payment sites such people, who produce outstanding photography, are a minority.

That is why i don't submit anything to a micro site, since I don't care if I get 5 bucks for an image used on a third class webpage or not. However, if I would ever sell an image for print or for a high traffic website, then this would sort of raise my self esteem ;) (and hopefully get more money off it ;) ).

So far my images are only used on some non-profit organizations' websites (meaning also non-profit for myself) and once in a glossy paper magazine to illustrate an article.
So that is pretty poor so far, but selling images on micropayment sites does not really help me personally. Maybe I could make some regular income from it , if i submitted thousands of images, but I'm not such a mass producer (or better say the mass I produce only contains a few images worth showing ;)).

As for the website discussed here, they don't want you to submit to microsites since then high quailty images might appear on both sites , reducing their value on the more expensive site. I totally understand that.
So if you want both, why not sell your mass production via your girlfriend on a micropayment site and your selected best work on the more expensive site? :)

In any case you should not waste your best images for a couple of bucks IMHO.

Please, noone take this personal if heor she is of a different opinion :)

Most reactions

Back