Storm at Ft. Smallwood

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
lightingatftsmallwood7jo.jpg

Mmmmm... A keeper for sure. I never knew a slide could look so good (and creepy!)

I've gotta ask the same question as ferny though - is it two pics? If it isn't - that's absolutely awesome how you got the lightning! And if it is - great job on merging them together!

Is that one photo or have to merged some together?
Just one photo, a couple of minutes of exposure so the multiple lightning hits would stack up on the film. Dark night except for the lightning so nothing to overexpose. I could see the reflection in the puddle and was glad it came out.
A couple of cops came by and thought I was a little nuts standing in a electrical storm with a metal tripod and cable release. Scanned from b/w film.
Thanks for the comments

I like it a lot, personally would consider cropping a little off the top and bottom, for a faux panoramic look :thumbup:

What I like best about this is how the slides seems to be the "dark lightning" in the front against a brighter spot of sky while the real lightning in the background is the bright lightning in darker patches of sky.

Tried to catch lightning the other day and NEVER succeeded.
So I do appreciate this photo EXTREMELY much!
Very good. Lovely motif. Perfect exposure. Definitely a keeper!!

holy crap! that is neat! everything perfect... and yeah.. the reflection in the puddle... just wow

Most reactions

Back