straighten horizon in PS2

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need some help in PS. I took several sunset shots but in some of them the horizon isn't straight.
How do I straighten it in PS2? I know how to do it in the RAW programm but I don't have a clue how to do it in PS.. any help would be appreciated :D

Hi spako, there are a couple of ways..... but this is what i do.... (this is off the top of my head so if it doesn't make sense let me know, and i'll open ps to check!)

double click your 'background' layer to unlock it...... then go to 'edit'.... 'transform'.... 'rotate'...

You can pull down a ruler or two if you like from the edge and line it up over the horizon..... rotate your pic to match...... then once your happy with it..... apply it. you'll see the edges are tilted..... so use the box selection tool to select the area within the photo.... going as close as you can to the edge of the pic....but still leaving out the uneven edge...... then go to 'image'..... 'crop'...... done. :D

This is what I do.

Click the measure tool (under the eye-dropper button) then click two points on the horizon. Then go to Image/Rotate Canvas/Arbitrary. The number that is automatically in the degree box will be your rotation...just click OK and there you go.

Most reactions

Back