Strange goings on. Need some help please.

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have a rather strange thing happening (strange to me, because I've never seen this before).

I am trying to edit a TIF file, and for some reason, in the folder I see the preview as the full uncropped photo, but when I open it in photoshop, I only get the cropped version. I don't see the usual *.xmp file that usually I see that shows the image was worked on in RAW. I tried changing the file-name to no avail.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce.

What photo editing app are you using?

1. Nikon NX softwares do not actually edit your image. It creates a file to remember your edits.

2. PS will display different images in preview if your layers are not flattened or merged or applied.

That much I know.

What photo editing app are you using?

1. Nikon NX softwares do not actually edit your image. It creates a file to remember your edits.

2. PS will display different images in preview if your layers are not flattened or merged or applied.

That much I know.

Hi Vince.1551,

Thanks for the info.
I use photoshop CS6. And for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I'm getting a cropped version once it's opened.

Check that your Crop tool is not activated. And if it is, make sure it's at Original in the option bar at the top or just click on other options in the Tool bar on your left.

Also ensure that you save after you restore to original size. Hope that helps :)

Check that your Crop tool is not activated. And if it is, make sure it's at Original in the option bar at the top or just click on other options in the Tool bar on your left.

Also ensure that you save after you restore to original size. Hope that helps :)

Hey Vince,

No such luck.
As I open it, it opens in the raw editor as a cropped image. Even though it shows as the full image in the preview window.

Try Open Image and go right into PS to see if you could resize it back to the original size.

Try Open Image and go right into PS to see if you could resize it back to the original size.

Hi Vince,

I first disabled TIFF files from opening in RAW, and that worked perfectly. I saved the file under a new name, and then re-enabled TIFF files opening in RAW.
Again, it opened the the cropped version in RAW.
So, (I feel stupid now) while in the RAW editor, I clicked on "crop", and lo-and-behold, there the photo was in all it's glory (and full size), and all I had to do was remove the crop. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back