Strange Surprise Park

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to wait near a local medical complex while my wife was at an appointment. I planned to drive into the surrounding neighborhood, park the car and read my book. Instead I found a little hidden park about two blocks away that I'd never seen before so I walked over and sat in the shade. The park was pretty new and expensive. I was surprised by the $22,000 Apollo multi-gym without a scratch on it. Sitting there all alone I started to get creeped out. I decided this place wasn't normal when I realized someone must be regularly sweeping or vacuuming the plastic grass. There wasn't a leaf or twig on it. Canon G7xmkii

highland-pk.jpg

Very tranquil looking. Welcome to the Twilight Zone... (cue music) Nice shot!
Yep, that's it -- Twilight Zone Park where the plastic grass is as clean as your carpets.

And no one in the fountain, either? I can understand avoiding the plastic grass, but these little fountains are usually kid magnets.

Maybe it picks up on the weekends.

And no one in the fountain, either? I can understand avoiding the plastic grass, but these little fountains are usually kid magnets.

Maybe it picks up on the weekends.
It was a week day afternoon, but also about 90 degrees F which should have brought out some kids. Another factor may be the noise. That wall on the right is a sound barrier but only partially effective. Right on the other side is the busiest Interstate highway that bisects St. Louis I-64.

Strange site indeed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back