Strangers looking at you

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

Here are some photos when on street photography. Any C&C are most welcomed.

Strangers-1.jpg

Strangers-3.jpg

Strangers-2.jpg

Good stuff.

What kind of camera were you shooting with here? Medium format or did you just crop #1?

Nice attemp, but upset by using of overexposer in 1st as it details of man goes down and crop the image and frame is properly :)

1st is overexposed....if taken one stop down, U cud get nice details of face...second again needed half stop down for better details in the pic, as on shirts and as a whole...third is a good attempt...with half lighted portrait.....
For b&w, u cud use photoshop...I made a slight attempt
Strangers-1.jpg
here in 1st.--as ur photos are ok to edit.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

What kind of camera were you shooting with here? Medium format or did you just crop #1?

I was using the 60d with the 50 1.4, I cropped it 1:1.

Nice attemp, but upset by using of overexposer in 1st as it details of man goes down and crop the image and frame is properly :)

1st is overexposed....if taken one stop down, U cud get nice details of face...second again needed half stop down for better details in the pic, as on shirts and as a whole...third is a good attempt...with half lighted portrait.....
For b&w, u cud use photoshop...I made a slight attempt here in 1st.--as ur photos are ok to edit.

Now I got confused with my screen adjustments! I am using an HP laptop. I used to keep the screen at the brightest and when I used to post, I am told that the images lack details in the darks although I can see them on my screen. So I started editing my photos on the screen with half the brightness. I can see the details on my screen in most of the highlights and the comments are that it is 1 stop over exposed! I appriciate that this is happening but I wonder what shall I set my screen on?

Ankur, I can not see the attached picture! It says the attached immage have been removed.

Thank you all for your comments.

Samerr9....u can view ur edited image...and tally with ur laptop screen....adjust accordingly....
Strangers-1.jpg

For b&w, u cud use photoshop...I made a slight attempt
Strangers-1.jpg
here in 1st.--as ur photos are ok to edit.
You've lost the eyes in this one and they're the most important part - they tell the story here.

Now I got confused with my screen adjustments! I am using an HP laptop. I used to keep the screen at the brightest and when I used to post, I am told that the images lack details in the darks although I can see them on my screen. So I started editing my photos on the screen with half the brightness. I can see the details on my screen in most of the highlights and the comments are that it is 1 stop over exposed! I appriciate that this is happening but I wonder what shall I set my screen on?
Bite the bullet, open your wallet, and get a screen calibration colorimeter. There really is no substitute for a properly calibrated screen.

Bite the bullet, open your wallet, and get a screen calibration colorimeter. There really is no substitute for a properly calibrated screen.

Hi Buckster, I already baught a used Spyder 3 pro.. but it seems that it made everything dark and yellow! What do u suggest since you know about screen calibration?

Below is an example, I made the edit to make it little warm on the calibrated screen and on other screens it is blue!

edit17.jpg

edit18.jpg

edit19.jpg

Hi Buckster, I already baught a used Spyder 3 pro.. but it seems that it made everything dark and yellow! What do u suggest since you know about screen calibration?
It takes a while to get used to looking at a calibrated screen, when your eyes are already used to looking at one that's not calibrated. The brain makes adjustments to compensate.

Unless your calibration puck and software are confirmed bad, you have to trust them and stick with it until your eyes and brain adjust to the new settings.

It takes a while to get used to looking at a calibrated screen, when your eyes are already used to looking at one that's not calibrated. The brain makes adjustments to compensate.

Unless your calibration puck and software are confirmed bad, you have to trust them and stick with it until your eyes and brain adjust to the new settings.

Then will get back to its settings and ill try again :) Thanks

eye sockets need to be lighter and everything else darker, imo
the snow and soot character of the underlying image makes it less pleasing, I think.

Lew

strangers14444444.jpg

and a version with a flatter tone curve looks better, I think

strangers15555.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back