Strapped

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tired of the old neck strap, finding it difficult to switch from landscape to portrait orientation with my Tamarac strap and am looking at the BlackRapids but am confused by all the different models.

Can somebody give me a synapses of the differences?

RS-7
RS-5
RS-4
RS-Sport Extreme?

RS-4 = basic (that's what I have and it's more than enough)
RS-5 = basic plus some additional pockets for accessories
RS-7 = better, it supports there mod addons plus it has a slight curve to better fit your shoulder
Sport = no pockets but has a better padding to fit your shoulder plus the strap under your arm to prevent the pad from moving (best for very active lifestyle I guess)

I have the RS-4 and went on a 3 hour trek with this plus my pack and it was comfortable the whole way. I didn't have any issues with having my camera on my side when climbing or going down rocks. If I took my camera with me for rock climbing, I'd probable get the sport but for now the RS-4 is more than enough

I don't see too much of a price diffrence between the 4, 5 and 7. Thank you for your input!

I have an RS-7 and recently bought an RS-Sport for my dad for his birthday, so I've had time to try out both. The sport is nice because it includes the under arm strap, but I would not trade it for my RS-7. The RS-7 accepts other add-ons from Black Rapid (like the Brad - under arm strap, and the strap to cover/secure the back clip).

And they both work for large people.. My dad and I are both over 6'3" and slim, and they fit us superbly.

I have the sport, it felt the most comfortable and with the included brad, it doesn't slip back when i bend forward.

I got my RS7 yesterday and tried it on. The body hangs comfortable at my side (D700/24-70) and comes up to my eye with ease. I have yet to try it with the MB-D10 grip (attached to the grip) but so far it's way better, more comfortable than the neck strap I was using. I will put it the test this weekend at my buddies wedding.

Tired of the old neck strap, finding it difficult to switch from landscape to portrait orientation with my Tamarac strap and am looking at the BlackRapids but am confused by all the different models.

Can somebody give me a synapses of the differences?

RS-7
RS-5
RS-4
RS-Sport Extreme?
Why not just visit www.blackrapid.com

Then I'd have nothing to post that day and none of the answers that might help someone else thinking about the BR straps would benefit. ;)

Then I'd have nothing to post that day and none of the answers that might help someone else thinking about the BR straps would benefit. ;)
Wow, did you just spin laziness into thoughtfulness, and make me actually believe you?I'm impressed! You should run for office and put those spinning skills to use! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back