What's new

Strathlael Falls

Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
6,111
Reaction score
2,486
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was working up North last year and managed to come across this waterfall on the way up to Ullapool. It was a dull and overcast day which meant it was not very interesting photo wise, however it did give me the chance to take my first long exposure shot of a waterfall. Settings were 1/4 sec @ f16, ISO 100 CPL and tripod used with the cameras timer. I took some shot at different shutter speeds up to 2 seconds but I preferred the way the water looked in this one going over the rocks, plus we had quite a bit of rain before meaning the flow was more that it usually is. I'm trying to work on my editing a bit, so if you have any C&C it would be appreciated.


Waterfall1 by wee_pete, on Flickr
 
Nice. Any way to bring out any detail in lower right corner? All in all, very nice
 
Thanks Rick, there should be a little detail of a small archway in that section, at least if my new calibration on my monitor is to be believed. Looking at it on my phone it does look way too dark though so I should be able to bring that section up a bit in post.I should've probably matched the exposure before putting in the slight vinigette that darkened that section a lot more. I'll see if I can adjust it tomorrow, thanks!

Thanks Virgil, glad you like it!
 
Nice, with detail in lower right corner
11785800556_c36d214c0d_o_zps47272a19.jpg
 
I tried to lighten it up but it did not work.
 
Thanks Larry, on looking at the edit it contains detail in lightroom but not in the jpeg export despite soft proofing it in srgb. it may be the downsizing that did it. Here it my attempt anyway:


Waterfall2 by wee_pete, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom