Strobist:Flash recommendation

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ran across this and it seems like a good deal.
However, im not sure (as I dont know enough yet) if these off-market or off name flashes screw your camera up!?

Found this link through strobist.
Heres the Ebay store as well. ( you can get all this from his blog )

Guess i Just am curious if anyone's used theses? How are they for 50-90 bucks? Either for Nikon or Canon.

Strobist: Test Drive: Yongnuo YN-560

hkyongnuophotoequipment items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo items on eBay.com!

heres the one specifically I was looking at...
http://shop.ebay.com/hkyongnuophotoequipment/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 :thumbup: ? :thumbdown: ?

I would get a vivitar285hv instaid.

alot more powerfull, sync port, shoe can be replaced by a metal one for dirt cheap and its 90$

LOTS of design quirks and crappy controls....plus a non-working zoom head...yet another example of cheap Chinese-made crap being sold just below the price point of solid,dependable equipment that will last for two to three decades, like the Vivitar 285HV...

I would rather take my chances with a 10- to 15-year old second hand Sunpak or Vivitar than a new Chinese-made cheapie...

The entire Strobist moevement is filled with stories of cheap Chinese-made products that FAIL to work under the simplest situations...triggers that will not trigger...flashes that do not last very long before failing...and units like this flash sent to David Hobby--with a broken zoom head,straight from the assembly line!!! Talk about shooting one's self in the foot...

I actually have the LumoPro Flash from that the Strobist also used in the past, as well as some Cactus Wireless triggers. Works good for simple off camera flashe's, and the cactus's have not failed me yet, as long as your not too far away.

I had the LumoPro Flash and Cactus triggers for about a year now ... no complains so far.

I never mounted on my camera though, and dont plan on it. Only my 430exII

LOTS of design quirks and crappy controls....plus a non-working zoom head...yet another example of cheap Chinese-made crap being sold just below the price point of solid,dependable equipment that will last for two to three decades, like the Vivitar 285HV...

I would rather take my chances with a 10- to 15-year old second hand Sunpak or Vivitar than a new Chinese-made cheapie...

The entire Strobist moevement is filled with stories of cheap Chinese-made products that FAIL to work under the simplest situations...triggers that will not trigger...flashes that do not last very long before failing...and units like this flash sent to David Hobby--with a broken zoom head,straight from the assembly line!!! Talk about shooting one's self in the foot...

You've always got great advice! thanks Derrel. :hug::

I would get a vivitar285hv instaid.

alot more powerfull, sync port, shoe can be replaced by a metal one for dirt cheap and its 90$
I found a Sb600 for 150 on Craigslist.. but unless i *save* for it.. thats not coming anytime soon. so i just wanted something to learn with.. seen that.

Wasnt sure vivitar would work.

Vivitar it is!:thumbup: Thanks a bunch!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back