STUDENT ADVICE - Buying Nikon D80!

money-tree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I would like to know if this is an alright deal. I am just getting into photography, I would like an advanced camera with which I can grow (also on a student budget).

Buying all three as a package, would love to hear some feedback! Thank you.

18-70mm DX Lens - $250

Battery Grip (2 extra batteries) - $90

D80 Body (low apparations) - $575

Total - $915

I dont think this deal is worth it, there are D80 bodies going for 350$ used on ebay and almost 600$? You could buy a D3000 kit for that price. Next, the 18-70 lens is overpriced, for my lens I payed 150$. The battery grip is fine yet the other items aren't worth it.

You could buy a D90w/18-55 for this price!

i havent really checked out used cameras but i have a d80 and paid like $1200 3 years ago so im sure almost half for body only isnt a great price for used..... i know i was looking at new cameras and it seems like you could get a body and lens for under $915 depending on what brand you or modle you are set on ...but i havent checked any ised out so i dont know the going rate on things

I found a d80 used near to where I live for about 350$, so I think that is really over priced. The 18-70 is way over priced. Like Atlas77 said.
For what you are paying you can get a d90.

thanks for the advice guys, i'm going to hold off for a better deal.

D200 + 35mm f/1.8. ~$800

if you want a 18-70 ill sell you one for 150. that body is probaby worth 400-450.

judging by your name i dont think any of this is an issue :lmao:

i grabbed my d200+ 18-135 for $600

Get a nikon factory refurbished D90 for $699 @ jr.com. That's where I got mine. You can't tell that it's not new except for nikon putting it on the box. That and den9's lens and you're only at 749. Do you really need the battery grip? The battery in my d90 lasts a couple days with moderate use..... save that money and put it toward a good tripod.
If you do insist on a battery grip get the zeikos it's almost identical to nikon but only $60 new on amazon.com
that's my 2 cents lol

buy something else. there is better deal out there.
i bought my d90 for that price.

Yeah, I would get a factory refurb D90. It's a much more capable camera. If you're wanting something that will give you some time to grow, I would say the D90 is as low as I would go on the Nikon product list. It has all the features you'll need and it has some of the best image quality going right now.

Most reactions

Back