Studio Lighting...Help

the key in all these posts is: not enough light.

Thanks, I took some random photos after your comments, and I found a few issues with the setup, one to little light. I added two more lights and found I could keep the iso around 100 with a shutter speed of about 1/120, so as soon as I can get my subject, (my wife) to take a few more, I'm going to see how this works

You should get much,much better images with the ISO in ther 400,320,250,200 range; if the studio lights are not very bright and are continuously on lights (like LED bulbs or incadnescent light bulbs or fluorescent light bulb types), then slower shutter speeds, in the 1/30 to 1/8 second range, will likely be needed with ,"Studio f/stops" like f/5.6 or f/6.3 or f/7.1 or in that mid-sized aperture zone.

For flash photos, the shutter speed is not much of a factor, since the bright "Flash!" of the light is much shorter a duration than the shuitter speed, so the lens aperture number (f/8 or whatever) is important, but a range of shutter speeds can be used with fairly equal results.

What the other's have said. If the lights are not bright enough to get a decent shutter speed, with your selected aperture. Move them closer.

Also what are your light modifiers. Silver umbrellas, soft boxes, white umbrellas, silver umbrellas?? Or straight on hot lights?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back