What's new

Studio Night

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
16,143
Reaction score
3,004
Location
Chesterfield UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night i got talked into doing a studio night for our camera club

1 One of the members
EmptyName-4-L.jpg


2 And what they would have got after i set up the lights

EmptyName-1-L.jpg
 
The texture on the cabbage looks gooood!
 
What...no naked chicks??? Bummer...
 
What...no naked chicks??? Bummer...

Use your imagination Derrel, the bumps and curves are there :)

Nice pictures Gary. I like the first one because it helps me to see your setup.
 
Thanks everyone, it was just a simple set up, setup shot was to shoot some reflections these are the only shots i got to take i was too busy showing them how to set up their cameras, one kept saying it not working, well it won't bloody work on auto ISO and program mode this is after i have told them ISO100 F11 1/125
 
I wish I could bolt one of those big softboxes onto my macro setup -- but I've a feeling its a tad too big for use out in the field handheld :P (well for one person ;)). Good result though and I'm sure a good few learnt something about studio work and also found a new excuse for wanting studio strobes and big boxes!
 
I wish I could bolt one of those big softboxes onto my macro setup -- but I've a feeling its a tad too big for use out in the field handheld :P (well for one person ;)). Good result though and I'm sure a good few learnt something about studio work and also found a new excuse for wanting studio strobes and big boxes!


I'm sure you could manage it, softbox could be suspended in your rucksack
 
is the glass for a reflection? do you have any photos showing the reflection?
 
Wow; that is really awesome- those veggies; for me cauliflower is my chicken :lol:
 
is the glass for a reflection? do you have any photos showing the reflection?

Yes the perspex is for reflection i dont have any from that night i only took 4 digital photos and a few MF film shots, i was too busy teaching the new club members and trying to inspire them, but here's one i did a while ago

IMG26591-L.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom