Suggest a program to split files up

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need a program that will split a file up into multiple files so they can fit on a jumpdrive one at a time.

One important thing will be that this can run with out being installed since I cant install stuff on my school pc. The admin stuff is locked out.

I want to get a game demo but its 113mb's, and since im on dial up it takes like 6 hours to get. And the last 2 times I tried it stoped before I finished and it doesnt offer a resume. Problem is my jumpdrive has 112mb's free at the most and the program is 113mb's, give or take. So what I would like to do is chop it into 2 pieces, 111mb's and 2mbs, so I can gmail email the 2nd part to myself.

Also this will be useful later on when I want to move stuff from the notebook to the desktop, now that I dont have my external cd-rw and have yet to try the network cord.

Does anyone have any advice on what program? There should be an older dos program that would work.

Kara, the catagory is "General Off Topic Discussions". Dont make me go "street" on you. :0)

GerryDavid said:
Kara, the catagory is "General Off Topic Discussions". Dont make me go "street" on you. :0)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

md

MD, its a refernece to another forum where a chatter didnt like the reply's he was getting on his thread. :0) Hopefully Kara got the reference, hehe.

*hides kara's camera*

*goes off to rub some charcoal on some sandpaper to get powder then to smear that on paper. Then to use an kneaded eraser to erase the highlights of a picture*. :0)

But I dont wanna join. Its another password Id have to memorize. Plus I went to the link and the forum link wasnt totally obvioius so I didnt get to it to join the last time I tried. :0) Think I was tired when I looked though, oh well. :0)

Huh??? What do you mean that the forum link wasn't totally obvious? And why don't you just use the same password for everything? I do. It's SO much easier.

NOW JOIN DAMMIT!

Ya but doing that if someone cracks it on one site, they have the password for the other sites as well. Also if an admin of one site isnt honest and looks up your password, they would have access to your other stuff. This is why I try to have a different password for every site I have to log into. :0)

Um...I don't think you have to worry about Chase. I think he's just about the most trustworthy person I've met on the internet.

Now...AAAALLL the cool kids are joining the support forum. You KNOW you wanna. Well...unless..that is...you aren't "cool"! ;) :)

I'm pretty sure this forum software as well as other use an encrpyted hash of your password so that the admins can't see what they are in clear text....

looks something like this if its an MD5 hash

179ad45c6ce2cb97cf1029e212046e

Just FYI

Zach :D

Most reactions

Back