What's new

Suggestions on Tripod.... Please

dustin0479

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
9
Location
Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for some suggestions on a good tripod. I do not want anything too heavy but at the same time I need enough spread to hold a Nikon D300 with a 200mm and I am 6'4". I would like to keep the budget around < $130.00 if possible. I am kind of leaning towards a 3-way head but open to suggestions based on your usage experience.

Thanks again!
 
I've borrowed a SLIK pro 700DX from school, with the three way panning head, and it was pretty sweet. It runs about 130-150, and it was nice. Sturdy, heavy enough but not too heavy, a quick release plate, and smooth movements. Definitely worth the money.
 
Tripods and Ball Heads by Thom Hogan


I skipped it when googling for tripods but I wish someone had pointed me toward this, cause I started down that path but only spent $300 the first time for a manfroto tripod and grip head. ( I know, too much $, but read Thom.)
 
I've borrowed a SLIK pro 700DX from school, with the three way panning head, and it was pretty sweet. It runs about 130-150, and it was nice. Sturdy, heavy enough but not too heavy, a quick release plate, and smooth movements. Definitely worth the money.

I had that exact tripod up on my other monitor when I opened this post. It does look pretty nice.
 
its a sweet tripod. I would buy it if i had the money. The quick release plate is definately convenient. And it felt sturdy. Unlike those cheap flimsy ones.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom